Lemon bars with a chocolate crust? Yes please!
Would you agree with me that lemons just make everything better. You know what else makes everything better? Chocolate! Put those 2 things together and wow. Fireworks in your mouth! haha! But really, these are good. It’s not a usual combination but that is what makes them so great. I love a treat that is a little out of the box sometimes. Try these and let me know what you think!
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix the crust ingredients just until blended. Press into the prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until done.
- While the crust is baking, beat the topping ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the topping mixture (it will be thin) on top of the baked crust and continue to bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.