Strawberry and Cream Drop Biscuits! These biscuits are light and fluffy & filled with fresh strawberries. Topped off with a cream cheese glaze.
Fresh Strawberry Drop Biscuits with a cream cheese glaze
Drop Biscuits filled with fresh strawberries and topped with a cream cheese glaze. These little breakfast treats were a favorite by everyone in our family (except my daughter that does not like strawberries).
So I posted a raspberry version of these biscuits that other day. We liked these so much that I immediately thought of another version. My boys love strawberries so much. We usually always have some in the refrigerator. Strawberry and cream is just a match made in heaven. I also happened to have cream cheese in the fridge. And was like, how amazing would these biscuits be with strawberries and a cream cheese glaze? AMAZING I tell you.
My 9 year old was doing his homework next to me while I was working on this post and he pointed to the pictures and said, yeah those were good! haha. I just love him. Kids are so honest too. If he doesn’t like something he will nicely tell me. And if he’s really a fan of something, he will always say, “put this on your blog!” Love that kid.
So there are 2 ways you can do the glaze. You can drizzle for a messy & rustic look. Or you can spoon it on thicker. I am torn because I like the way they look with the glaze drizzled but preferred to eat them with the glaze spooned over the top. Cause more glaze is always better.
I really hope you try these drop biscuits. Moist, tender, bursting with strawberries and sure to make you smile. Enjoy!
- FOR THE BISCUITS:
- 2 cups (10 ounces) flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (about 5 ounces) strawberries, cut up
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (clear is best)
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the he flour, baking powder, cream of tarter, soda and salt. Stir till combined.
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter (about 45 seconds should do it).
- Add the buttermilk to the melted butter and mix together.
- Pour the buttermilk and butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Use a large cookie scoop (2") to drop biscuits onto prepared sheets (makes about 17 to 18) I did 9 per sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- FOR THE ICING:
- While the biscuits are baking make the icing.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk in a medium sized bowl until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk if needed.
- Drizzle or spoon the icing over the cooled biscuits.
Recipe Source: Baked in Arizona (adapted from these Raspberry Lemon Biscuits)