A classic garlic bread is the perfect side to a pasta or Italian dinner. Quick, homemade garlic bread is easy and tastes much better than the frozen version.
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
You know what. Sometimes you just need a buttery, piece of garlic bread to go along with your pasta and salad. This recipe is always well liked at our home. While you probably don’t need additional carbs with a pasta dinner, it sure does taste good. And sometimes, comfort food wins.
I am not saying that we never use frozen garlic bread to save time. But when I have the extra few minutes (and energy) I love to make these homemade garlic bread. Minced garlic and butter with a little parsley and parmesan make this bread a winner. Simple, delicious, easy. You need this recipe handy.
Minced garlic vs. chopped fresh garlic
I always use minced garlic. I do, on occasion, use fresh and chop it myself. The flavor is a little stronger with fresh. A 1/2 teaspoon on minced garlic is about the same as one clove. I always use 1 teaspoon when it calls for a clove because it is milder in taste and I really like the flavor garlic gives to dishes. I also can’t get over the convince of jarred minced garlic. Using minced garlic is just a time saver. Plus, Costco sells a huge bottle so I always have it on hand. We use garlic a ton. What about you?
I topped this with a few dried chives for looks 🙂 But the bread will taste great without them.
When the bread has cooled a bit just slice it up and serve!
Here are a few dinner recipes that would go well with this yummy bread!
- 1 loaf of French bread (16 ounce)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon parsley (can you fresh if you have it)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup (2 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut the bread in half. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the butter, parsley and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Spread the butter onto each half of the bread. Top with shredded parmesan (if you are using it, we love it)
- Bake the bread for 10 minutes.
- If you want a crisper bread, turn the oven to broil and broil for 1 to 2 minutes. Watch it close, you don't want it to burn!