A classic dinner made even better! This baked spaghetti will please the kids and adults in your life!
After I had my baby friends, family and neighbors brought in meals to our family. I am so grateful for their service! One of the meals that was brought was this baked spaghetti. It was so delicious and made for great leftovers too! Perfect for a new mom who is too tired to think about making something for lunch the next day!
I have had this with ground beef & ground sausage. Both ways are great. I didn’t notice a huge change in flavor with the sausage so I think I will just use beef next time. Either way I know you will enjoy this dish. It feeds a ton of people so that’s always a plus! And the leftovers are wonderful too!
To lighten it up you could always use cottage cheese in place of the ricotta and ground turkey. I haven’t tried it that way yet but I did use whole wheat noodles and it tasted great.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (24 ounce) jars meatless spaghetti sauce or 1 (45 ounce) jar
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Galbani ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the beef, onion & garlic until meat is brown and onions are soft (about 7 minutes). Drain off fat. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk eggs, parmesan cheese and butter in a large bowl. Add the cooked spaghetti to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half of the spaghetti mixture into baking dish. Top with half of the ricotta cheese, meat sauce & mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with NONSTICK aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes more.
If you don't use nonstick aluminum foil, the cheese will stick to the top. If you don't have any, you could vent it a little so it's not touching the cheese. I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles and it tasted great.