You guys, this broccoli is amazing. Yes, I just called broccoli amamzing. Even if you are not so sure about broccoli you gotta try this recipe. Not only is it extremely easy and only has a few ingredients, it is totally unique and gives you a whole new perspective on broccoli. The lemon with the crispy charred edges is perfection. I’m always looking for new ways to cook broccoli (it is a favorite in our house). I am so glad I found this recipe!
I served this with our dinner but it would also be a great afternoon snack. You know when the “I really need something to munch on” comes around about 2:00 PM. You just have to plan ahead for cooking time. Hey, you could even make this for an after school snack for your kids and see what they think!
Charred Lemon Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli*, cut into florets (12 oz broccoli florets or about 4 cups)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 T. Asiago cheese, grated (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Spread the florets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss the florets in the oil to coat.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the lemon juice on top of the broccoli. Place the broccoli back into the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and season with salt, pepper and grated Asiago cheese (if desired.)
- Serve immediately.
*I used 2 smaller heads of broccoli and it worked great. So if your broccoli is not very large, I would use 2 heads. It was about 4 cups of broccoli florets cut up. Also, I didn't have Asiago cheese so I didn't use it. I can't wait to try it with some!
Recipe Source: Whats Gaby Cooking