An easy lunch that is full of flavor!
I didn’t used to love green olives. I remember my Dad eating them and I just couldn’t figure out why he liked them so much. I guess you know you are getting old when you start to love the things your parents like;) Anyways, this chicken salad is a great lunch or dinner too. If I am wanting that “crunch factor” I will eat it with crackers but if I am feeling like I need to cut down on carbs, I’ll just eat it on lettuce. Either way, it’s fast and delicious.
If you have never tried pimento (green olives) try them! They add so much flavor. I still don’t think I would ever eat them plain out of the jar, but add them to something and I’m all over it!
Olive & Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Author: Adell Goff
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken, in water
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup sliced pimento olives
- salt & pepper, to taste
- butter lettuce leaves
- favorite crackers, optional
- Drain the chicken and put in a medium sized bowl. Add the mayo, mustard & olives. Mix together with a fork. Taste, then add pepper and salt if desired.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or on crackers.
You may not need much salt because of the olive flavor. You could use boiled and chopped chicken instead of canned chicken.
Leave a Reply