A chocolate parfait cookie that is just like the one you buy at Jacob Lake Inn! Easy to make with only 7 ingredients!
I still remember the first time I had a cookie from the famous Jacob Lake Inn. This cute little lodge is located just outside Fredonia, Arizona and about 45 minutes from the north rim of the Grand Canyon. We always got through Jacob Lake on our way up to Utah. It is the perfect place to stop & get out to stretch your legs and of course, grab some lunch and a bag of their famous cookies for the road. Oh and their milk shakes are great too. My family thought these were so yummy and very similar to the ones in the bakery. Our other favorite is the “cookie in a cloud” (a chocolate cookie with a marshmallow & chocolate frosting on top!) & the lemon zucchini. Really they are all so good you can’t go wrong. Next time you are near, stop by and try one of their cookies and be sure to eat in their restaurant. Make sure you try their salad with the house dressing and my favorite, the cranberry cream cheese chicken sandwich!
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips (good quality milk chocolate, like guittard or ghirardelli)
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper (or you can spray with cooking spray).
- Cream the butter & sugar. Add the egg & vanilla and mix till combined.
- Add the flour, salt & chocolate chips, mixing till combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to make 1½ Tablespoon sized balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (bottoms will be golden but the top will not brown).
Recipe Source: Hill Harold Blog