A healthy peach smoothie with oats and spices making it taste like a peach crisp without the guilt!
Peaches are ripe and on sale so that means, canning peaches, peach jam and then freezing the rest for smoothies around here. A local lady sells boxes of fruit from Utah every week while in season and I recently got a 30 pound box of peaches and 30 pounds of pears. I have a pear jam and pear butter recipe I tried out that I love and the recipes are coming up soon!
You know what I love, dessert. So eating something for breakfast that tastes like peach crisp is right up my alley. Plus it’s healthy so you can feel good about starting your day with this tasty treat, or I mean breakfast smoothie ;).
So grab a bag of frozen peaches or better yet, some fresh ones and freeze a bunch so the next time you are craving peach crisp or cobbler you can whip up this smoothie in no time. Your skinny jeans will thank me. Enjoy!
- ¾ -1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- about 2 cups frozen peaches, cubed with skin removed
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup oats
- 1 Tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia seeds, optional
- Place all ingredients in the order listed a high powered blender, blend and enjoy!
- Adjust the almond milk (or liquid of choice) according to desired thickness.