Strawberries, blueberries & grapes drizzled in a vanilla bean and orange syrup!
Mmmm, this fruit salad is one of my faves. My husbands aunt brought us dinner after I had my baby. (Side note, how is he almost 11 months old?!) Anyways, she brought us dinner and this was one of the amazing things she made us. I have since then found any excuse to make this. It is a pretty big recipe, so feel free to half it for a smaller group. Great for a potluck or big family dinner. Anything with vanilla bean and orange win my heart!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- zest & juice of an orange
- 2 vanilla beans (or 2 tsp. vanilla paste or extract)
- 4 pints strawberries, hulled and cut up
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- fresh mint leaves, optional
- Place the sugar, 1 cup water, orange zest, juice and vanilla bean (or extract or paste) in a small saucepan and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes to thicken. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare all the fruit in a large bowl,
- Pour the cooled syrup over the top and toss together.
- Top with mint leaves (if desired) and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: Pioneer Woman via Foodnetwork