A quick and easy dinner! Top your favorite flat bread with cheese, fresh peaches, bacon, red onion, feta & basil for a flavorful, fresh dinner.
I just can’t get enough peaches lately! I can however get enough of the summer heat. It actually hasn’t been that bad of a summer here in the valley (Phoenix area) but I am already dreaming of cooler weather.
This pizza is a great summer dinner. Easy to make and full of unique flavor. I love fruit on my pizza. I had never tried peaches before and boy was I missing out! It was so good! This doesn’t have a sauce but you could add pesto and I bet that would taste really good too! Enjoy!
- 2 flat breads (I used Pizza Parlor Crust, whole grain. I got it from Sprouts.)
- 4 ounces whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 2 pieces thick sliced bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ¼ of a red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- feta cheese, to taste
- fresh basil, optional
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Place the flat bread in the skillet & sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Then add the peach slices, bacon, red onion slices & feta cheese. Cover and let cook until cheese is melted & bottom is crisped.
- Remove from heat, top with chopped fresh basil and serve!
- Repeat steps for 2nd pizza.
Recipe Source: Sugar Dish Me (I didn’t grill my pizza because when it’s over 100 degrees outside, I just don’t like to be outside grilling but if you want to make this on the grill like Sugar Dish Me, it looks awesome!)