The best macaroni salad! Perfect side dish at any BBQ or potluck!
This salad recipe comes from my brother, Preston. He really enjoys creating different recipes. He worked on this one for a while to get it just right. He is kind of a food connoisseur. If I ever want to know what to order at a restaurant I always call him for a recommendation. It’s pretty entertaining to listen to him describe different dishes and how/why you want to order certain things, a certain way.We definitely share a love for food!
I made this salad to go along with our french onion burger over the 4th of July. It is a great combo for a BBQ or potluck side dish.
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- 1 can (5.75 ounces) olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco (optional)
- FOR THE DRESSING: Mix the mayo, condensed milk, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper & Tabasco in a small bowl until creamy. Set in the fridge.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions. Run under cold water to cool.
- Chop the bell pepper, shred the carrots & slice the olives.
- Put the pasta in a large bowl and add the peppers, carrots, olives & cheese.
- Pour the dressing in the bowl, stir and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: my brother Preston: Evolution Cleaning Co 🙂