Lately I have been really in the “nesting” mode! I got the babies room painted and now I just need to finish up the drapes and get fabric for the crib skirt and a pillow. And I am trying not to think too much about my son starting kindergarten in less than 2 weeks! Ah! I’m excited for him to start school but makes me sad at the same time. My little boy is growing up 🙁
My mother-in-law introduced me to this salsa years ago. And now we always find a way to add this to the menu when we are up visiting them in Utah. When we were there a few weeks ago she made this and served it with some tamales smothered in a great tomatillo green sauce. It was a delicious, easy dinner. This salsa is great as an appetizer or side dish or a midnight snack! 🙂
- green pepper, chopped
- 2 (11ounce) cans shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can olives, chopped
- 7-8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed
- 1 (good seasons) zesty italian salad dressing mix (made according to directions on package)
- avocado, diced (optional)
- tortilla chips
- Make the italian dressing according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Chop the green pepper, olives, roma tomatoes & green onions and put in a large bowl. Drain the corn and add to the bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing into the bowl and mix. Squeeze the fresh lime juice into the bowl.
- Add the avocado last. If you are not going to eat it all right away, only add avocado to what you are eating. It will store for a few days in the fridge as long as you add the avocado as you go.
- Serve with tortilla chips.