A homemade burger that may just change your life 😉
We had these amazing burgers over the 4th of July at my in-laws. I had made these before and absolutely loved them so we decide to have them for the 4th celebrations! My husband and father-in-law love burgers. We like to call my father-in-law the grill master. He has been know to grill in the middle of the winter. A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do :). A grilled hamburger was actually the first thing I ever ate at their house. I will never for get it. I was up visiting them in Utah for the first time. Logan and I had gone snowboarding that day and when we got home his Dad had grilled the thickest hamburger I had ever seen! haha. But what made them so good was the grilled pineapple on top. My mother in law was out of town that weekend so it was just me, a bunch of guys and burgers for dinner. Oh, he also steamed up some broccoli too.
These burgers really are amazing! My mother in law who doesn’t usually like mayo, sauce etc. on her sandwiches even said, make it as directed, don’t leave out any of the toppings! It is seriously to die for. And the crunchy chips, a total must! Just trust me and give these hamburgers a try. If you or someone you know love a good burger, this is sure to be a winner.
French Onion Burger
- For the Onions:
- 3 large yellow onions
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- ½ cup sour cream
- For the Burger:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pkg. lipton onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- For the toppings:
- 8 hamburger buns
- dill pickle slices
- 8 slices cheese (swiss or american)
- classic potato chips (regular or ruffled)
- BBQ Sauce
- Thinly slice your onions. In a large saucepan, melt your butter over medium-high heat. Add your onions to the pan and stir them around. Cover the pan with the lid placed at an angle so that some of the steam can escape. Stir the onions every few minutes while they cook. You want to get a nice golden color. They should cook about 15 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, add your ground beef to a large bowl and pour the onion soup mixes in. Add the worcestershire sauce, eggs & salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix it thoroughly. Form 8 beef patties and cook on the grill until done to your preference. If you like your bun toasted, butter and toast them as well (we do!)
- While your beef is grilling, mix the water and bullion together and pour over the golden onions. Turn up the heat to high and let the onions simmer until most of the liquid has been cooked out. Remove front he heat and stir in the sour cream.
- When the beef is almost done, add the cheese on top to melt.
- Build your burger in this order: Bun, mayo, BBQ sauce, beef patty (with melted cheese) onions, pickles, chips, and more mayo and BBQ sauce on top bun if desired.
I like the refrigerated sliced pickles best. They are more crisp than others.
Recipes Source: Jamie Cooks It Up