So I made this meal before I got super “pregnant sick” and never got around to posting. Even the thought of looking at pictures of food was making me sick. So depressing I know 😉 But we are on the mend and so excited to add another one to the family. Totally worth all the long days of wanting nothing more than to lay on the couch.
Anyways, moving on! This recipe is really delightful. I have a serious love for lemons. Pair that with butter, noodles and spinach for good measure and this dish is a winner. I found the recipe over at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. I always love her recipes. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Light Lemon & Spinach Spaghetti
- 12 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-9 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- zest of 1 lemon (approx. 1 teaspoon)
- 6 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook your noodles according to package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse quickly with cook water then set aside.
- When the noodles are boiling, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the garlic and cook for 1 -2 minutes, stirring constantly (careful not to burn).
- Toss in the chopped spinach and pour in the chicken brother. Simmer the mixture 2 - 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Toss in the cooked noodles, using tongs or forks to lift the noodles to distribute the spinach mixture evenly.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Toss the noodles mixture again and heat through a couple more minutes.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan cheese.
Recipe Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe