This recipe for fresh peach syrup is so easy and versatile! It’s delicious over pancakes, waffles, ice cream or crepes. The options are endless.
Fresh Peach Syrup
I first made this delicious syrup the end of last summer. It was a total hit. We enjoyed it with waffles and used it as crepe filling too! Then we finished it off drizzled over ice cream! We enjoyed it before I could ever get a picture for the blog. So this year, I was sure to snap some photos before it disappeared.
What do I need to make fresh peach syrup?
- Peaches! Use peaches in season for the best outcome.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg
Can I freeze this peach syrup?
-Yep! Pour it into a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months!
Can I double this recipe?
-Yes! Triple it if you want 🙂
Ideas for what to pour this syrup over:
- Ice Cream
- Best Buttermilk Syrup! – it really is the best! No peaches, make this 🙂
- Peach Salsa – pass the chips please!
- Peach Crisp Smoothie
This thick syrup is amazing poured over pancakes, on top of ice cream or eaten by the spoonful! It's easy to make too! Perfect way to use up fresh peaches. Plus you can freeze it!
- 4 peaches, medium to large- sized
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Peal one of the peaches and smash it up. You can use a potato masher or a pastry cutter or a fork. Add it to a medium-sized pot. Add the sugar and corn starch and stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Wait until it doesn't look "cloudy" anymore. Set the pan aside to cool for a few minutes.
Peel the remaining 3 peaches and chopped them up into bite-sized peaches. Add the butter and chopped peaches to the cooked mixture and stir until the butter is melted. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. If you want the syrup smooth, use an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender) and blend in batches till smooth. I love it with the chunks of peach.
Enjoy over pancakes, waffles, inside crepes, over ice cream...
Store in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months.
- If you want to make this a little thinner for pouring, add more water. I have made this with 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup water. The thicker sauce is better if filling crepes. The thinner is better for pouring over pancakes or waffles.
- Taste your peach, if they aren't super sweet, you can add a little more sugar. But 1/2 cup should be about right.
Source: adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up