This salad is easy to put together. One of my favorites.
This salad has 3 parts to it that make it great. The salmon, the croutons & the dressing. Then we just top the spinach leaves with whatever fresh veggies we have on hand. Red pepper is a a great one on this. Oh, and feta cheese. I just love feta cheese.
The homemade croutons are amazing. I got the recipe from a good friend. We were over for dinner and she had these croutons on the salad she made. Of course I had to know where she got the delicious croutons! She told me how she made them and I have been making them ever since. Thanks Alyssa!
Grilled Salmon Salad with Homemade Croutons
- grilled salmon
- spinach leaves
- red pepper
- feta cheese
- balsamic vinaigrette (Trader Joe's Brand recommended)
- FOR THE CROUTONS:
- half-baked ciabatta bread (Trader Joe's brand recommended)
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- garlic bread seasoning or italian seasonings
- Grill the salmon following the directions in this post. You may wish to omit the glaze and just use the salad dressing. Keep warm by wrapping in foil.
- MAKE THE CROUTONS: Slice the bread into 1" cubes. Drizzle the olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with the seasonings. Cook over medium heat until the outsides are golden brown.
- Layer the spinach, peppers, salmon, feta cheese and croutons on a plate.
- Top with balsamic vinaigrette.
You can use whatever veggies you want on this salad. We have had it with cherry tomatoes, olives, shredded carrots etc. It is very adaptable. I usually omit the glaze when grilling the salmon for this salad because the dressing is so good. The Trader Joe's balsamic vinaigrette is amazing. Our favorite dressing!