A chewy pumpkin oatmeal cookie loaded with white chocolate chips and the perfect amount of spice!
These cookies were love at first sight. I mean, I first saw these oatmeal pumpkin cookies with white chocolate chips over on The Food Charlatan’s Facebook page and I knew I had to make some! White chocolate gets me every time!
But because I am impatient and didn’t want to wait for the dough to chill, I adapted the recipe I posted last year for chewy pumpkin cookies! Who loves a chewy (not cakey) cookie? ME! While I can appreciate a good cake-like cookie, I mostly prefer the chewy texture. So these pumpkin cookies have no egg. The pumpkin acts as the egg.
If you add eggs to pumpkin cookies, they are puffy and more cake like. Anyways, these cookies have whole rolled oats, the perfect fall spices and white chocolate chips making them my new favorite pumpkin cookie!
If you just are not a fan of white chocolate you could use semi sweet or even milk chocolate with the oats. But I just LOVE white chocolate. It is rather sweet so it’s not surprising I enjoy it so much. That darn sweet tooth!
You don’t have to press additional chocolate chips on top of the cookies before baking but it sure makes them look pretty. You can add them after they bake as well, if you are worried about them turning brown.
Oh and since there is no eggs in this batter, totally safe to stuff your face with! And it’s pretty tasty I might add. Enjoy!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips + more for top of cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix well (the mixture will be thick).
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, soda & pumpkin pie spice, stir till combined.
- Add the flour mixture & chocolate chips to the wet ingredients, stir just until combined.
- Drop round balls on your prepared cookie sheet. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top of the dough ball if you want.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden brown on the edges. (Cooking time will depend on the exact size of your cookie and preferred doneness. I used a 1½" cookie scoop and like mine a little under done, and baked mine for 10 min).
- Cool slightly then move to a cooling rack.
-If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, add ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ginger, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, ⅛ all spice.
Recipe Source: Baked in AZ. (Adapted from these Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies & inspired from The Food Charlatan)