A chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie with just the right amount of spice. These have a subtle pumpkin flavor and wonderful chewy texture.
Ok so lets talk about pumpkin for a second. Most people love pumpkin. But then there are those people that are “just not that into pumpkin” (my husband!) Ah, I know. What? Not that into pumpkin? Okay fine. To each their own. But I had some pumpkin puree’ leftover in the fridge just begging me to use it so when I came across this recipe from Yammies Noshery on pinterest, I decided to whip them up for our Family Home Evening treat. My husband loves chocolate chip cookies so I was excited to see what he thought about these cookies. They are chewy NOT cakey! Most pumpkin cookies are cake like because they have eggs and pumpkin. My husband took a bite of the dough and said I don’t like pumpkin but that’s good! hallelujah! haha. These cookies have a subtle pumpkin flavor and spice to them. Just the right touch I think. A fall chocolate chip cookie. We usually use milk chocolate chips in our chocolate chip cookies but in these I really liked the semi sweet chocolate chips. It goes well with the pumpkin and spices. If you are wanting to try out a new & different pumpkin cookie, these are it. A fun change and great for even the people in your life that aren’t that into pumpkin ;). Oh and bonus, this dough is safe to eat because there are no eggs in it. I have heard that eating raw flour is not the best idea?? So eat at your own risk or you could use oat flour instead. The dough is divine as well. Enjoy!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1½ cups flour**
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix well (the mixture will be thick).
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, soda & pumpkin pie spice, stir till combined.
- Add the flour mixture & chocolate chips to the wet ingredients, stir just until combined.
- Drop round balls on your prepared cookie sheet. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top of the dough ball if you want :)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden brown on the edges. (Cooking time will depend on the exact size of your cookie and preferred doneness. I used a 1½" cookie scoop and like mine a little under done, and baked mine for 10 min).
- Cool slightly then move to a cooling rack.
**If making this just to eat (and not baking them) you may want to add a little less flour. Start with 1 cup and see what texture you prefer and go from there. You could also try oat flour (just blend oats in a blender) in place of the flour.
Recipe Source: Yammie’s Noshery
Don’t wanna bake the dough? Grab a spoon! These are egg free so no worry about eating raw eggs. Cause I never do that anyways ;). And I may have heard that raw flour isn’t totally safe?! So eat at your own risk 🙂 The dough is like a fall version of your favorite cookie dough! Such a yummy treat.