These No-Bake treats are perfect to make when you don’t wanna heat up your oven and are fun to make with the kids too! Chow mien noodles & marshmallows are mixed with peanut butter and butterscotch for a winning combo!
This is another recipe I got from my sister-in-law Jamie. I know it’s been around forever but I had never had them until a few years ago. Well like 10 years ago but who is counting. What I’m trying to say is I didn’t grow up making these but wish I would have 😉 or maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t! haha. These have one of my most favorite combinations, peanut butter & butterscotch! And all you do is melt them together & mix it with chow mien noodles and marshmallows. You can also add in peanuts if you feel like it but I think they are great without. And more kid friendly too. My kids love these and they are an easy no-bake treat. Enjoy!
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mien noodles (or approx. 3 cups)
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Melt the butterscotch chips as directed on package in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the chow mien noodles & marshmallows and gently mix till covered.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared pan into "haystacks".
- Let them harden in the refrigerator.
- Once they are set up, enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator but let them sit out a few minutes before serving so they aren't too hard.
I made these into cute Bird Nests. All you have to do is put them into a muffin tin and add some chocolate eggs!
Debra Fjeld says
I love making these with chow mien noodles…..I use white chips and some sunflower seeds with the noodles….any combo is great. Also, good for people who don’t like chocolate…..yes, there are some people like this…no chocolate.
Easy and yummy!!
the best kind of recipes 🙂 Thanks!
How many does this recipe make?
It will depend on the exact size. It should make anywhere from 2 to 3 dozen. Sorry I don’t have exact number for you!
Christine Eckel says
Do you need the mini marshmallows?
if you don’t want to add the marshmallows you can just add more of the noodles!