These apple cinnamon oat blondies or chewy blonde brownies are filled with tart apple, oats and bursts of cinnamon chips! This is a must make for fall!
I love blondies or “blonde brownies”. It’s like a brownie minus the chocolate. So it has a rich brown sugar flavor and brownie texture. Amazing. I wanted to adapt the recipe my mom used to make for fall by adding in apples & oats instead of nuts and coconut. Then I added some cinnamon chips (instead of ground cinnamon) and oh my goodness! A little nutmeg for good measure and these bars are a total winner. I hope you try them out this fall! September is begging for you to make all things apple and spice.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup cinnamon chips*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" square pan with cooking spray. (If you don't have a 9" pan you can use an 8" pan, but may need to cook slightly longer as they will be a little thicker).
- Cream the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together till fluffy. Can do this in a stand mixer or bowl with beaters.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder & nutmeg. Add to the creamed mixture. Stir with a spatula or spoon combined.
- Add the diced apples and cinnamon chips, mixing just till combined. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting into bars. Serve warm with ice cream or at room temperature. Store covered in the refrigerator.
-If you want to make this into a 9x13" just double the recipe.
Recipe Source: Baked in AZ (adapted from my Mom’s blondies recipe)
SHOP THIS RECIPE: