These mini cookies & cream cheesecakes are so creamy & use an Oreo cookie for the crust!
My husband and I both went to the same high school and graduated together. Oddly enough, we have a bunch of friends from high school (and junior high) that also married eachother. A few weeks ago we got together for a “pre” new years eve party. It is so fun when we can all get together and catch up. We usually end up talking about our kids or the “good ole days”!
We had a barbecue and all sat around the fire talking and had a wonderful time. I made these little cheesecake cupcakes for desert and everyone seemed to really enjoy them. I know I did! They were very easy to make too. I haven’t met very many people that don’t enjoy “cookies and cream” & cheesecake. Take these to your next party, they are sure to be a hit!
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 42 oreo cookies (30 whole, 12 chopped)*
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Put 1 whole oreo cookie in the bottom of each cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla. Drizzle in eggs, a little at a time, beating to combine (scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed). Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in the chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly among cookie lined cups, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, or until set, rotating halfway through.
- Transfer to wire rack to cook completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).
30 is kind of a weird amount when it comes to cupcakes. You will need 2, 12 count muffin pans plus a 6 count pan. If you only have 2, 12 count pans I would bake those first then bake the other 6 cupcakes. *I purchased the family size oreo package and it had more than enough cookies for this recipe.
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart via The Girl Who Ate Everything