These No-Bake treats are perfect to make when you don’t wanna heat up your oven and are fun to make with the kids too! Chow mien noodles & marshmallows are mixed with peanut butter and butterscotch for a winning combo!
This is another recipe I got from my sister-in-law Jamie. I know it’s been around forever but I had never had them until a few years ago. Well like 10 years ago but who is counting. What I’m trying to say is I didn’t grow up making these but wish I would have 😉 or maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t! haha. These have one of my most favorite combinations, peanut butter & butterscotch! And all you do is melt them together & mix it with chow mien noodles and marshmallows. You can also add in peanuts if you feel like it but I think they are great without. And more kid friendly too. My kids love these and they are an easy no-bake treat. Enjoy!
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mien noodles (or approx. 3 cups)
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Melt the butterscotch chips as directed on package in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the chow mien noodles & marshmallows and gently mix till covered.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared pan into "haystacks".
- Let them harden in the refrigerator.
- Once they are set up, enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator but let them sit out a few minutes before serving so they aren't too hard.
I made these into cute Bird Nests around Easter and shared the recipe over on Classy Clutter! All you have to do is put them into a muffin tin and add some chocolate eggs!