This sweet cake has a butter batter filled with fresh cranberries. The eggs are whipped up so it has the best texture! Everyone loves this cake. Goes great with a cup of hot chocolate!
This cake has the best texture! It has a unique method, where you whip the eggs for a long time. You add no baking soda or baking powder because of this. The cranberries give it the perfect tartness to balance out the sweet cake. And don’t cranberries just scream Christmas?!
I added a little bit of crystallized lime to give it a nice, light lime flavor. Doesn’t cranberry and lime go so well? I love it. You could also add in some lime zest. Orange zest or almond extract would be great substitutes as well!
I love to eat this with a cup of hot chocolate durning the holidays but this would be perfect for a party or dessert table as well!
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon true lime, crystalized lime (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. Do not skip this step! The mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- Add the butter, vanilla and crystalized lime then mix two more minutes. Stir in the flour until just combined. Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into small slices.
-It is also great adding almond extract or orange extract or orange zest. You could also switch out the cranberries for blueberries.
Source: Barefeet in the Kitchen & Taste of Home
Check out these other desserts!
Nana’s Cheesecake! – this is a family favorite.
Leave a Reply