Easy, creamy bacon & pecan appetizers served on delicious crisp and buttery Dare crackers. This savory, no-bake recipe is perfect for summertime parties!
I know you are probably already are aware of this (if you’ve read my blog before now), but I am all about sweets. My husband is not. He actually has some self-control and usually prefers savory things. Don’t get me wrong, he loves a good treat but he also LOVES appetizers! One of his favorite are these stuffed mushrooms. I was so excited to create a savory (and easy!) appetizer using delicious Dare Cabaret crackers. This appetizer would be perfect for Fathers Day. The Dare Cabaret Crackers are just the right size for appetizers. I decided to use bacon in my recipe because guys are all about the bacon, my husband especially. I added some goat cheese to the cream cheese to give them an edge ;). It added just the right amount of flavor. These are no bake too! It’s super hot here in Arizona during the summer so I love a good no bake recipe. Easy, delicious and it doesn’t heat up your house. Make these for Fathers Day. They would also be perfect for a summer party. I plan to have a plate of these to munch one while we make dinner. What are your plans for Fathers Day weekend?! Share your traditions with me, I love new ideas for making loved ones feel special.
If you make this recipe & post a picture to Instagram tag me @bakedinarizona and use the hashtag #bakedinazrecipe so I can see it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups real crumbled bacon bits (about 4-5 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (7 ounce) box Dare Cabaret crisp & buttery crackers
- dried chives, optional
- Place your crackers on a large baking sheet or platter. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the cream cheese and goat cheese (they do not need to be room temp).
- Add the honey, thyme, pepper, bacon and ½ cup of the pecans. Mix together.
- Gently spread the mixture on to each cracker. Top with additional pecans and dried chives if using.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.