Salted Caramel Rice Crispy Treats! Butter, cream, dark brown sugar & marshmallows, all melted together to create the most EPIC rice crispy treat you will ever put in your mouth! Plus they are no-bake, so you don’t have to heat up your oven!
SALTED CARAMEL RICE CRISPY TREATS
THESE Rice Krispie treats!!!! I don’t mean to be so dramatic. I have a tendency to be dramatic, especially when it comes to dessert. But I can’t help myself! I have always been a big fan of rice crispy treats. The classic version and other versions I have tried. But these are on a whole new level of rice crispy treats!
And the flaky sea salt! (aff. link)… It adds the perfect touch to these sweet treats. I love flaky sea salt on top of cookies too 🙂 I linked to the kind I use on Amazon but you can find this salt at Target as well!
HOW TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL RICE KRISPIE TREATS:
- Gather your ingredients, crispy rice cereal, butter, whipping cream, dark brown sugar, karo syrup & marshmallows! Oh and don’t forget the flaky salt!
- Spray a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot (one big enough to add the marshmallows and cereal to after it’s all melted. You can pour the cereal into a big, heatproof bowl if your pot is not big enough).
- Add the butter and melt over medium heat. Once it is melted, lower the heat and add the brown sugar, whipping cream and corn syrup. Cook until thick and syrupy, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon flakey salt, then turn off the heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and smooth. Pour in the box of cereal and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down with a piece of parchment paper or spry your hands with cooking spray.
To get a nice slice you need these to cool completely (Put in the fridge to make it go faster!) But honestly, they are super good warm too!
We took a plate of these over to my Grandpa and Uncle when we visited this weekend. I love sharing treats with people! It’s a good thing because I love making them too, haha.
I hope you enjoy these tasty treats! Here are a few other recipes you might want to check out too!
Rice crispy treats on a whole new level! These thick and gooey bars are out of this world! The caramel and marshmallow flavor is a match made in heaven!
- 1 (12 ounce) box crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, divided (I use Maldon)
- 2 (10 ounce) bags mini marshmallows
Spray a 13x9" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large pot (one big enough to add the marshmallows and cereal to after it's all melted. You can pour the cereal into a big, heat proof bowl if your pot is not big enough). Add the butter to the pot and melt over medium heat. Once it is melted, lower the heat and add the brown sugar, whipping cream and corn syrup. Cook until thick and syrupy, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon flakey salt, then turn off the heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and smooth. Pour in the box of cereal and stir to combine.
Pour mixture into the prepared pan and press down with hands sprayed with cooking spray or use a piece of parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray :). Lightly sprinkle with the other 1/2 teaspoon of flakey salt. Cool completely then cut them into squares.
This makes very thick treats~ If you want you could use a larger pan to make them thinner. You can also half the recipe for an 8" pan.
Source: slightly adapted from The Food Network
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats! –These bar are so good if you are craving the perfect combo of peanut butter and chocolate 🙂
Classic No Bake Cookies–These will always be a favorite of mine!
Edible COOKIE DOUGH!–Need I say more?!