This flavorful Italian Chopped Salad has a simple vinaigrette & so much flavor. The cucumbers, grape tomatoes, pepperoncini & red onion give it the perfect crunch! You will love this salad!
I love a salad with a simple vinaigrette but also has a lot of flavors going on. This Italian Chopped Salad salad has so many toppings it doesn’t get boring. It’s pretty easy to throw together too! And if you want a salad with pasta, we always love this oriental chicken salad.
Italian Chopped Salad
When I made this salad for dinner the other night my husband took a few bites and named it the Italian Bomber Salad! He said it tasted just like a sandwich he gets at a place by his work called the Italian Bomber.
What I love about this salad is how easy it is! The dressing is just avocado oil and red wine vinegar with a little dried oregano and salt and pepper. You let the chopped veggies soak in the dressing for 10 minuets and I feel like this makes the salad that much better!
Ingredients in Italian Chopped Salad
- romaine lettuce hearts
- grape tomatoes
- English cucumber
- red onion
- provolone cheese
- red wine vinegar
- avocado oil
- dried oregano, salt & pepper
Other salads you might like
This salad has a simple vinaigrette made from avocado oil & red wine vinegar. The cucumbers, grape tomatoes, pepperoncini & red onion give it the perfect crunch & flavor! A total croud pleaser. You will love this salad!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped small (12 ounces)
- 2 ounces salami, cut into squares
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into squares
Mix the oil and vinegar together in a large sized bowl. Add the red onion, oregano, salt & pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes, cucumber and pepperoncini to the bowl and toss to coat. Let the mixture sit for 10 minuets while you prepare the rest fo the salad.
Add the chopped lettuce, salami, provolone cheese and additional salt & pepper if needed. Mix to combine and serve immediately.
- I used deli sliced salami and cut it up into pieces.
- I used a block of provolone cheese and cut into small squares. If you can't find it in block form you could also use sandwich cheese slices cut up.
Source: adapted from Cooks Country Magazine