Just when you thought we forgot the chocolate, you bite in to find a hershey kiss!
This is the other version of the Shortbread Surprise Cookie. It is really cute! A perfectly delicious chocolate kiss right in the center.
The Forgotten Kiss Cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 24 - 30 rolos unwrapped (or hershey kisses)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, sugars and vanilla. Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls around each rolo (or kiss). Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Makes approximately 24-30 cookies.
- Notes: When rolling the dough around the kiss. Look for the top of the kiss by lightly pressing down to find the tip. Bake it with the flat part of the kiss on the bottom.