This classic fruit pizza is made in a large cookie sheet and topped with strawberries and blueberries for a festive Fourth of July dessert everyone will love!
This flag fruit pizza has become a tradition. And I just love traditions, especially ones that involve food ;). It’s easy, delicious, totally adorable and who doesn’t love a dessert that doubles as decoration? Add this to your menu for the weekend, everyone will be happy you did! I know I will be making it!
If you don’t like strawberries, raspberries will work too!
Depending on the size of your strawberries, you can cut them in slices with 2-3 berries per piece.
The white chocolate chips are not totally necessary, if you don’t have any or don’t want to buy them. But I think they look perfect for the “stars” on the flag!
I hope you all have a happy & safe, Fourth of July weekend, spending it with the ones you love most!
- FOR THE COOKIE:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2¾ cups cake flour (or 2½ cups all-purpose flour)
- 2½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2½ teaspoons cream of tarter
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on preference)
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 8 ounces of fresh blueberries
- 32 ounces of fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a jelly roll pan (half sheet - 13x18") with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. (This makes for easy cutting and removal. If you don't have parchment just grease well).
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla & almond extract. Beating well.
- Add the flour, baking soda and cream of tarter and mix until blended.
- With lightly flour hands, pat the dough into the cookie sheet. Spread it out even leaving about ½" space around the side (the dough will spread when it cooks).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Let cool then frost.
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in a medium sized bowl until creamy. Add the almond extract & powdered sugar and beat till smooth. Spread over cooled cookie.
- Chill the frosted cookie until cold.
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries and slice in half.
- Place the blueberries in the top left in a square then stager the white chocolate chips to look like stars. Place the strawberries in horizontal rows, starting at the top.