So I was having a pregnancy craving for cookie dough the other day and I decided it was about time I make some! It’s funny how when you can’t have something you want it even more. Cause sometimes the cookie dough is better than the cookie. Am I right?! Anyways, eating raw eggs is frowned upon especially for women that are pregnant so I was really glad I found this recipe. I used large milk chocolate chips. Ghirardelli is a favorite around here! (affiliate link) We also really love Guittard milk chocolate chips. Just make sure you use a quality milk chocolate (or dark chocolate if thats your thing.)
On an unrelated note, I am potty training my 2 year old (almost 3 year old in 2 months.) I know, it’s a little late in the game but I seriously struggle with potty training. I am trying the “3 day method” and I hope it works cause it’s the end of day one and I am already exhausted! I could actually use another batch of this cookie dough to help me through the day tomorrow 😉 So go ahead an make yourself some, it’s Friday and you deserve it!
Edible (Egg-less) Cookie Dough
If you are craving cookie dough or just don't want to heat up your kitchen, make this edible cookie dough! Perfect for a pregnancy craving too cause there is no egg 🙂
Author: Adell Goff
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt*
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the vanilla, salt & flour. (The mixture will be crumbly.)
- Add in the 2 tablespoons of milk and mix. The dough will look like cookie dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips & enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Notes: *I used salted butter so I did not add the ½ teaspoon salt. If you like your dough creamier, you could add more milk, I would just add a tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you prefer. I liked it with 2 tablespoons. You can also use less chocolate chips (original recipe used a total of 1 cup) but I always go heavy on chocolate 😉
Recipe Source: slightly adapted from Center Cut Cook
Here are a few other sweet recipes, check them out!