An adorable Easter cookie made with Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose flour! These classic cookies are delicious and fun to make with the kids! Make them a holiday tradition.
I love a classic recipe that takes me back to my childhood. One of my friend’s Mom would always make these cookies growing up. I can still remember sitting in their kitchen watching her make the cookie dough and place all the M&M chocolate candies on top. Kids and adults love these cookies. I thought it would be fun to roll them in sprinkles to make them even more festive for the Easter holiday. I don’t know about you but my kids go crazy for sprinkles! So they just loved these cookies. Let them help make the cookies and roll them in the sprinkles. They will think you are mom of the year. I’ve come to find out, it’s the little things that really put a smile on their face. And I love simple, fun traditions that are made in the kitchen.
Something else that makes a great cookie is using quality ingredients. A good quality flour is key to a great cookie! I am SO happy I was able to partner with Bob’s Red Mill and use their amazing organic all-purpose flour! A few things you should know about their flour- (seriously LOVE all of their products!)
- It is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat. Both the bran and the germ have been removed leaving the endosperm that is made into white flour. It is not enriched with any additives. Yay!
- This is the same high protein flour used by professional bakers & it produces light, airy baked goods. That’s what I’m talking about 🙂
- This kitchen staple is incredibly versatile and perfect for all of your baking needs.
And here is a link to a COUPON for you! You will not be disappointed with their products!
These cookies are made the classic way. Just cream up your butter and sugar, add your eggs & vanilla then stir in the sifted flour mixture! Scoop and top with sprinkles and candy for an adorable & fun Easter Cookie!
The sprinkles are optional, so if that’s not your thing, here is a close up of the cookie with just the m&m candies.
- 2½ cups Bob's Red Mill Organic all-purpouse flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 bag easter m&m candies
- Easter or pastel sprinkles for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer (can use a stand mixer as well).
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix till combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold in with a large spatula or spoon. (The batter will be slightly sticky, it's not a dry dough).
- Place the m&m candies in a small bowl and the sprinkles in another.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop out 12 cookies. Roll the tops & sides in the sprinkles and place onto prepared cookie sheets (12 to a half sheet) then add about 5 m&m candies to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.