Easy, no-bake, chewy, butterscotch granola bars have honey and peanut butter too! These are the perfect back to school snack for you or your kids!
Back to school. Such an exciting time for the parents and the kids. I love having a more set schedule and routine. It has been a hard adjustment for my 2nd grader but I think we are getting into the swing of things around here. We started school the second week of August! I made a batch of these granola bars for an after school snack and then used them in my sons lunch as well. He LOVED these! My preschooler and toddler liked them equally as well. Plus, they are no-bake and only 7 ingredients! Let me show you how easy these are:
Melt your butter and honey together then boil for 3 minutes.
Turn off the heat then pour in the peanut butter, mmmm. (Or scoop it in if you aren’t using natural peanut butter and it’s a little thicker).
Add the Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats, wheat bran & butterscotch chips! Stir it all together. Now lets just take a minute and talk about why you want to use Bob’s Red Mill brand and not some off-brand. The oats are the main ingredient so you want to be sure and use oats that have a nice texture and flavor. Their oats are kiln roasted giving them a wholesome flavor you don’t get from other oats. Haven’t tried their oats? Use this COUPON and grab a bag so you can make these granola bars!
You will be tempted to just grab a spoon and start eating it from the pot. Go ahead and sample some ;).
Dump the mixture into the prepared dish and press it out smooth! So easy! These bars are so good, I couldn’t stop eating them!
Cut them up into the size you prefer and enjoy! You can wrap them up individually and store them for easy snacks or lunchbox treats. And do it fast, cause you will be tempted to eat way too many.
I just love the combination of peanut butter and butterscotch.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used natural)
- 5 cups Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats
- ½ cup wheat bran
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside. Measure out your peanut butter (I always spray the measuring cup with oil so the peanut butter comes out easy) oats, wheat brand and butterscotch chips and set them close by.
- Melt the butter and honey in a large pot over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and add the peanut butter. Stir.
- Remove from heat and add the oats, wheat bran, butterscotch chips & vanilla. Stir till combined
- Press mixture into the prepared dish. Cut into bars (I cut down the middle then about 1½" bars).
- Store in an airtight container or zip-top bag. You can wrap them in wax or parchment paper or even foil to keep them separated.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Linda Slater says
Love all that you post, just delicious!
Thank you Linda!