I love a good homemade granola recipe so when I saw this on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, I had to try them! And, my kids LOVE them. So do I! My daughter is quite the little “coocoo” (cookie) monster. (Wonder where she gets it from?!) So these are the perfect snack for her. She thinks they are cookies! Yay! My son is in charge of lunch at his preschool tomorrow so we made a batch to take. Hope the kids like them as much as mine do!
A healthy snack that is almost as good as a cookie 😉
Author: Adell Goff
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup honey or agave nectar (I use honey)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. coconut oil
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to make rounded tablespoon sized
- balls. Roll in your palms to make nice round balls. Put on parchment or wax
- paper. Refrigerate for a couple hours. These will stay fresh in the refrigerator
- for a week or in the freezer for a few months.
Recipe via: www.melskitchencafe.com (love her site and recipes!)
Nick and Melanie Munns says
Adell, I just made these the other day after I saw your post, and they are so good!! It's so nice to have them in the freezer on hand as a healthy snack/treat for the kids! I will be following you for some great ideas, thanks!
I am so glad you liked them! Thanks for sharing!