This breakfast egg bake has so much creamy, cheesy flavor! Easy to make and perfect for a special breakfast or brunch!
My Mom made this for our Christmas breakfast last year. They had served this at a big church Christmas party and she got the recipe from her neighbor. This recipe is wonderful because it goes along great with so many things. We had bacon, pancakes, waffles etc. along with this. It is easy to make and a nice change from scrabbled eggs ;). The basic recipe doesn’t have diced ham. So if you are planning to serve this with other items, just don’t add meat to the dish, you don’t need it. I LOVED it with just the green chillies. But if you want it to be the main dish, adding ham, bacon or sausage is great too. An excellent way to use leftover ham up!
- 12 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter, melted*
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese**
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can green chillies
- optional mix-ins:
- diced ham (I added this in the photos)
- crumbled bacon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs, salt and baking powder together with a wire whisk or a hand mixer.
- Stir in the butter, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese & green chillies. Add additional mix-ins if using.
- Pour into a 9x13" baking and and bake for 35 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
** If you want to use cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese or a combination of cheese in place of the mozzarella you can.
Recipe Source: my Mom (she got the recipe from a neighbor).