An easy no bake treat that everyone will love! Full of peanut butter, honey, chocolate, oats, marshmallows & butterscotch!
It had been 5 years since I last hit the slopes! My husband and I were lucky enough to get to spend a day together snowboarding last week during Spring Break. My in-laws watched our kids and our oldest did snowboard school. It is always a special time when we get to spend time together on the mountain. That is where it all began for us. Sure I have known Logan since the 7th grade but I was “too cool” he says. (I still deny this). Anyways, after he got home from his 2 year mission for our church (and with the help of a dear friend of ours) I gave “us” a chance. I always thought of us as great friends and needed someone to “hit me on the side of the head” like, duh, you guys are perfect for each other. So, I flew up to Utah to spend the weekend snowboarding and hang out. Well, 11 months later we were married!
That first time I went up to Utah to visit and go snowboarding everything clicked. Logan was pleasantly surprised I didn’t stink at snowboarding 😉 and we had such a great time. Oh the memories. Now, 10 years later & 3 kids later, I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t stink, haha. It was such a fun day. I have to admit that I did complain a little bit. When we got to Powder Mountain (which is an awesome little “locals only” type mountain up in Ogden that had a killer lunch at the top of the mountain by the way!) I was complaining about how COLD it was and “why are we doing this again?” Logan was patient with me and stayed upbeat. He knew once I got going that I would forget about the temperature and have a fun time. He was right!
So lets talk about these no bake bars shall we. I made these a few years ago and took them to a youth conference I was helping with. The kids I was working with (all teenagers) loved these! I have since made them for my kids as well and they of course loved them too! Can you really go wrong with, peanut butter, honey, chocolate, oats, butterscotch and marshmallows?!!
Be careful thought, they are addicting! You can wrap them up individually and keep them in the freezer. Great for adding to a lunch or grabbing for a sweet snack when ya need one.
Those chubby baby hands are my fave. We hope you enjoy these bars!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 3½ cups crisp rice cereal
- 3½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Prepare a cookie sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and honey in a pan over medium heat. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until it is nice and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice crispy cereal, oats, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and marshmallows.
- pour the melted mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and press down to fill sheet (get your hands lightly damp so they don't stick).
- Refrigerate until set up (can leave on counter but will take a little longer)
- You can wrap individual bars in foil and place in a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer. Then pull out for snack, lunches etc..
Recipe Source: It’s Always Autumn