These are the best lemon bars! The buttery crust is so perfect with the sweet & tart lemon topping. They are so easy to make too! Can’t go wrong with this classic recipe.
Mmm, lemon bars. Who doesn’t love a good lemon bar?! And lemons are everywhere just begging to be made into a a bar dusted with powdered sugar. These will always remind me of baby & bridal showers. What about you? Are you a lemon bar fan?
Now I hesitate to say something is “the best” because everyone has different tastes and that is what makes the world go round! We are all different and that makes life interesting. But in my book, I think these are the best version of the famous and oh so loved, lemon bar. My husbands aunt gave me this recipe a few years back and I’ve been making them ever since. My parents have a lemon tree so I grab some every time I am over there this time of year. There is always something I can use a fresh lemon in. These green beans are a favorite in our family.
Next up is a fun variation of the lemon bar. I can’t wait to share them with you! Check back for the recipe soon!!
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13' baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Mix the crust ingredients until well blended. Press it into the prepared pan & bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat the topping ingredients together until combined.
- Pour topping mixture (it will be thin) on top of the baked crust and continue to bake at 350 degrees for another 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cool completely before cutting into squares.