Another family favorite recipe! My kids love them with or without the added chocolate chunks. I, of course love them with the dark chocolate but either way they are pretty great. Also, who likes pistachio ice cream?! So good, right?! Such a unique and tasty nut 🙂 You know what else I was thinking, the word pistachio is really cool.
I made half the batch with dark chocolate chunks and half without. Both were great! My kids didn’t even notice the difference. haha! I guess a cookie is a cookie to them 🙂
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3 drops green food coloring
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (I used cookie pieces)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks, optional
- ¼ cup sugar, for rolling
- Combine the sugar, butter, oil, almond extract & food coloring in a stand mixer or medium sized bowl.
- Add the eggs & pudding & mix well.
- Add the flour, soda, cream of tarter & salt. Stir in the nuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees before you start to shape into 1½" balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place 2" apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. If you like them soft, check at 8 minutes. I like them pretty soft so I baked for 8 minutes.
Recipe Source: Nana's Cookbook