A slow cooker meal with only 3 ingredients, perfect for those busy weekdays!
Well, I have another crock-pot recipe to add to your list! This is a great, easy recipe. Keep the ingredients on hand for those days when you just simply don’t have much time to spend making dinner. I think I love slow cooker recipes because you start them early in the day so you feel ahead of the game. Like, maybe I have mounds of laundry to get done and a million places to run but I’ve got dinner started 🙂
We enjoyed this dinner over brown rice and a side of broccoli. Speaking of broccoli. I love the frozen organic broccoli from Costco. You just put it in the microwave and in 6 minutes you’ve got a healthy side dish. Plus, strangely enough, my super picky 3 year old will eat it! (Only the top part but it’s something!) Just thought I would pass that tip along.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 4 to 6 cups brown rice, cooked
- Grease a 3-5 quart slow cooker. Place meat on the bottom. Combine the pineapple and barbecue sauce then pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice.
- NOTES: This is great served with a side of broccoli. Also, I used frozen chicken and it worked well.
This is great served with a side of broccoli. Also, I used frozen chicken and it worked well.
Recipe Source: 101 Things to Do with a Slow Cooker