This hot chocolate mix is easy to make, super creamy & a great gift too!
This is another one of our”Nana’s Specials”. I think it’s been around for a long time but again, I hadn’t ever tried it until my mother-in-law introduced it to me. I love having a batch of this mixed up and ready for those cold winter mornings. Even in Arizona we like to drink hot chocolate ;). Just add some of the mix to a cup of hot water and you have a really creamy cup of cocoa.
I add about 1/2 cup mix to 1 cup of water. Or you could do 1/3 cup mix to 3/4 cup water. Just add it to taste. I like mine really rich and creamy. Are we surprised?! haha. The richer the better in my opinion.
This would also be a great gift. Just package it up in a jar or bag, write the directions and gift it to neighbors, family or friends! Easy, Christmas gift! I just sent a bag to my brother-in-law out on his mission. He is in New York and I figured he could use a little warming up :).
Hurry up and make a batch of this to help keep you warm this winter!
Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 (25.6 ounce box) powdered non-fat milk, or 8-10 cups
- 1 (21.8 ounce) package Nestle Quick
- 1 (16 ounce) package original coffee mate creamer
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl (or 2 bowls if you don't have one big enough).
- Mix together well. Store in an airtight container.
- To make the hot chocolate: Add ½ cup (more or less depending on how rich you like your cocoa) to 1 cup boiling (or very hot) water. If the water isn't hot enough, it won't mix well.
- NOTES: The cocoa powder is optional, I added it because I like a slightly rich chocolate flavor. If you don't want it too sweet, start with 1 cup powdered sugar and add to taste. This recipe is very customizable. You really can't mess it up! It makes about 16 cups. Here is a version that my aunt made and worked well too.
- VARIATION: 1 (25.6 ounce) box powdered milk, ¾ cup powdered sugar, 4 cups Nestle Quick, 2 cups coffee creamer (about half of a 16 ounce package).
Recipe Source: Nana’s Cookbook
This hot chocolate recipe is ok, but not “rich”. It’s better if you double the cocoa powder and add another cup of powdered sugar. I also mix it into half milk and half water instead of just water. ??
thanks for the feedback 🙂
I made this for our family and they LOVE it!! It’s so rich and creamy. I added only 1 C. Of powdered sugar. It’s the best hot chocolat I’ve ever had! Thanks for the recipe ❤️
Yay! I love this hot chocolate too 🙂 I agree, it is so creamy good! Thanks!