It’s not a thick hot fudge sauce, but the flavor is amazing. It is my favorite thing to pour over vanilla ice cream. I could seriously drink this stuff. Because I like to pour it on warm, it melts the ice cream and then by the end you are basically drinking it. If you don’t want it to melt your ice cream too much, let it cool off after it’s done cooking. And if you really want to go all out, add a hot brownie to the mix 😉
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Melt butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients until pretty smooth. Mixture will be lumpy but will smooth out after it's been heated & whisked.
- Cook in microwave for 4-5 minutes. Stop every minute and stir with a whisk to help get out the lumps. Let cool slightly, and whisk until smooth.
- Serve over ice cream!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe Source: my Mom 🙂