A fudge like, soft, chocolate crackle cookie that is sure to be your new favorite!
I have been on the hunt for a SOFT chocolate crackle cookie and I found a winner! There were a few versions in “Nana’s Cookbook” (my husband’s grandma) and this one caught my eye. I was so excited to try this out. The recipe called for 1 cup of brown sugar so I just used 1/2 cup of Splenda’s® brown sugar blend in place of the 1 cup of brown sugar! They turned out awesome! I am picky about my chocolate cookies and these passed the test. I didn’t even tell my family my secret ingredient and they just loved these! Win, win!
These cookies were easy to make and you would never know that they were made using 1/2 the amount of sugar called for in the recipe. Here is a little more info about Splenda’s® brown sugar blend!
Splenda® brown sugar blend has the sweet taste of brown sugar, but fewer calories, so you can
eat more cookies enjoy a cookie and feel good about the choices you’re making.
Splenda® sweetener products can be used almost anywhere sugar is used, including cooking and baking. It’s a smart sweetening choice for a balanced lifestyle.
You can find more recipes, tips, tricks & more at SweetSwaps.com!
These would be the perfect cookie to leave out for Santa this year or give to neighbors and friends. And isn’t that plate adorable? It was my grandmothers 🙂 I hope you try out these cookies, you won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- ½ cup avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for rolling
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips either in the microwave or stove top according to the package directions. (You could use a dark or bittersweet chocolate chip if you wanted an even richer chocolate cookie).
- Add the sugar and oil to the chocolate. Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat mixture well. Add the vanilla and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the chocolate mixture. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until firm enough to scoop out into balls.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place powdered sugar (about ½ cup) in a small bowl.
- Scoop the chilled dough into balls (I used a 1½" cookie scoop) then roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and baked for 10-12 minutes. (I like them pretty soft, so I baked for just 10 min)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Reply