A delicious way to enjoy the taste of buffalo wings without the meat!
So cauliflower isn’t my favorite. But make it taste like a buffalo chicken wing? Hello, amazing! Seriously, my 6 year old and my husband gave these 2 thumbs way up! A healthier appetizer without sacrificing the flavor. Plus adding a healthy vegetable to your super bowl spread that tastes this good and you will forget that you are eating something full of nutrients. Hope you enjoy these tasty bites!
- 1 head cauliflower, washed & cut into bit sized pieces
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup hot pepper sauce (I used franks red hot)
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or butter (I used ghee)
- 1 Tablespoon honey or to taste, optional
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease well (you don't want them to stick to the pan) and set aside.
- Mix the flour, garlic salt and water in a medium sized bowl. Toss the prepared cauliflower till coated.
- Remove the cauliflower with a fork or slotted spoon and place on the baking sheet, making sure not to touch.
- Bake for 15 minutes. While they are baking, make the sauce.
- Melt the butter or ghee in a microwave safe bowl. Add the hot sauce and honey if using and mix till combined.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and coat with the hot sauce mixture using a pastry brush or you can just toss them in the bowl to coat and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake again until cauliflower is lightly browned 10-15 minutes.
- Allow them to rest for about 15 minutes then serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing!
Recipe Source: adapted from All Recipes & The Lean Clean Eating Machine