This chicken noodle soup is SO creamy good. Plus it is beyond easy to make. Makes enough to feed an army too!
It is cloudy here in Arizona and I just love it. Since the sun is almost always out, an overcast day, with or without rain is always fun! It also puts me in the mood for soup, even when it’s still in the 90’s. How about you? Does it have to be cold outside for you to make soup for dinner?
I added plenty of carrots and celery to my soup. I like a lot of veggies, but really you just do the amount you prefer.
This recipe is great because it is creamy, easy and makes a ton! Love these kind of recipes. My kids LOVE chicken noodle soup too.
You can keep this warm in a crock-pot if you are serving at a party or potluck. My sister-in-law brought this to our Halloween party in a slow cooker and everyone loved it!
- 10 cups water
- 10 chicken bouillon cubes (or chicken base)
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery stalks, diced small
- 1 (16 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2½ cups cooked & shredded chicken (about 2 breasts)
- salt & pepper
- Place water and chicken bouillon in a large soup pot. Add the chopped carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then add the egg noodles. Cook till al-dente. Turn heat to low and add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and chicken.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve with garlic great, rolls etc.
-I used rotisserie chicken. You can use canned chicken as well. Feel free to add more or less chicken according to personal preference.
-I used wide egg noodles, not extra wide. However, extra wide will work too.
Recipe Source: my sister-in-law, Lisa