These little mini pumpkin muffins are filled with oats and butterscotch chips!
Why is everything better when it’s mini? My kids adore mini muffins. Mini muffins, mini calories too 🙂 I used a 1/4 cup less sugar than the original recipe called for and my kids didn’t mind so that was great. They aren’t overly sweet, which is good because the butterscotch chips are pretty sweet. I added some quick oats for texture and really liked how they turned out. A great breakfast or snack. I put these in the freezer to have on had for a busy morning or afternoon when my kids are hungry and I need something like, now. I really enjoyed the butterscotch with the pumpkin. I am a big fan of butterscotch in general and have always loved adding butterscotch chips to cookies and made Pumpkin Blondies last year that had butterscotch chips in them. So good. If you haven’t tried pumpkin with butterscotch, it’s a great combo. Next I want to try some good ole pumpkin oatmeal cookies with butterscotch, mmmm. In the meantime, I really hope you enjoy these little muffins!
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your mini muffin pan (24 count) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, applesauce & pumpkin.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Fill each muffin cup so the batter is like a dome. This will make for a nice tall muffin. Don't be afraid to fill them full. They don't get much taller when cooking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Check with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean,
Recipe Source: adapted from All Recipes. (I used only brown sugar and used less. Added oats and replaced the melted butter with applesauce and avocado oil.)