Fillo cups filled with cream cheese, BACON & tomatoes! Easy and delicious!
These bites are super quick to make and taste amazing! You seriously can have 45 of these prepped and ready to bake in no time. Love a tasty appetizer that doesn’t take much effort but packs a whole lot of flavor. And who doesn’t love bacon?!
Also, why is everything better bite sized? Maybe because we don’t feel as bad eating multiple mini things. Whatever it is, bites are where it’s at. Give these appetizers a try!
You could even make these for a quick dinner with a side of veggies. They will win you over at first bite 😉 oh man that’s really cheesy, but I’m leaving it.
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel tomatoes, drained
- 2½ cups bacon crumbles*
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 45 frozen fillo pastry cups, thawed
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix the drained tomatoes, bacon pieces, swiss cheese & cream cheese in a bowl till blended.
- Spoon mixture into thawed phillo cups. You want them pretty full. I filled them about ½" above the cups. Place filled cups onto a baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 or until heated and cheese is melted.
I used ½ a bag of Costco bacon crumbles. You can bake and crumble your own bacon but this was much easier! Just make sure you use 100% real bacon crumbles. You can use either cream cheese or mayo. I prefer the taste of cream cheese! I have baked these with the pastry cups frozen and it works too. Just bake a little longer if needed. I used original rotel diced tomatoes. If you don't like things really spicy, use the mild flavor. And if you like them really hot, there is always the hot option 🙂