These bars will always remind me of my older brother C.J. Whenever my mom would make these he would be so excited. They are one of his favorites. No wonder he loves Cutlers Peanut Butter Cookies so much! When I made these bars I had to bring my brother a plate. And because today is his birthday, I thought it was only fitting I share this recipe with you.
These bars are much like a Reese’s candy bar. A simple creamy bottom and milk chocolate top. Really easy to make and taste amazing. Cause I’m pretty sure peanut butter and chocolate are one of the best combinations ever! I hope you enjoy these!
- 1 cup ritz crackers, crushed (about 1 sleeve of crackers)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- To crush the crackers, place them in a zip top bag, and use a rolling pin to crush. Or you can use a food processor.
- Mix the crackers, peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar together in a medium sized bowl. Once combined, press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- *For no-bake bars, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to package directions then spread over the bars. Or you can sprinkle the chocolate chips over the mixture and place in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Once the chocolate chips look melted, remove from the oven and spread the chocolate evenly across the bars with a spatula. Let the chocolate set up in the fridge (or freezer if you are impatient like me) then cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe Source: My Mom 🙂
Here are a few more chocolate & peanut butter recipes: