White chocolate is added for a fun twist on the classic rice crispy treats!
You know, there is just something about rice crispy treats that I love. Normally I am not a huge marshmallow fan. Like, I don’t eat them plain or even dipped in chocolate. But melt them and that’s another story. I am also a huge white chocolate fan. So, when I came across this recipe for white chocolate rice crispy treats?! Oh ya, I had to try it out. Super easy, super tasty and my kids loved them. Make them for an after school treat and you will be mom of the year 🙂
White Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice crispy cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Spray a 8x8 or (9x13 for thinner bars) baking dish with cooking spray. Measure out your 5 cups of cereal so it's ready.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows. When almost melted stir in 1½ cup white chocolate chips. When they are melted, quickly add the 5 cups rice crispy treats. Stir till combined.
- Press mixture into prepared baking dish (I always spray my hands with cooking spray so it doesn't stick.) Melt remaining ½ cup chocolate chips in microwave. Put in a zip top bag, cut the corner and drizzle over the top of the crispy treats. When chocolate is set on top, slice and enjoy!
- Notes: I used a 9x13 dish. But an 8x8 would make nice thick bars. Either size works.
Recipe Source: adapted from Living Well Spending Less