Chopped bell pepper, green onions, pecans & pineapple mixed with cream cheese then rolled in more pecans. This is the best cheese ball!
Everybody loves a good cheese ball. And this is the best cheese ball in my opinion. Nana makes it every year for Christmas Eve. If you didn’t get around to making one during Thanksgiving or Christmas, now is your chance! New Years is just 2 days away. This is a great snack to munch on while you party till midnight! Yay for a new year! I have always loved setting goals & making resolutions for the new year. What about you? Are you a goal setter? I don’t always stick to them as much as I’d like to but I try 🙂
Now go ahead and try this cheese ball out, it might just become your new favorite! It is mine!
The Best Cheese Ball
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Mix the softened cream cheese, drained pineapple, bell pepper, green onions, ⅓ cup of the pecans and seasoned salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Form the cheese mixture into a bowl using a spatula.
- Place about ¾ cup chopped pecans on a large piece of saran wrap and transfer the cheese ball rolling it in the chopped pecans to coat.
- Wrap the cheese ball up with saran wrap, shaping if necessary and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve cold with crackers and enjoy!
I like this cheese ball with wheat thins but any cracker will do. Also, use name brand cream cheese! I used "cookie pieces" pecans that were already chopped into really small pieces and it worked great! You should be able to find them at your local grocery store. To drain the pineapple, just press down with the lid and drain as much juice out as you can.
Recipe Source: Nana’s Cookbook