This soup is great because you can really use whatever beans you like or have on had. I altered the recipe by adding more tomato sauce and draining the corn and beans. We like it chunky and thick. But if you want it more soupy then you can add the corn and beans undrained.
Make sure you eat it with tortilla chips. The scoop ones are the best if you have them. But really any kind will do. And don’t forget to put plenty of cheese on top!
Some have asked me about my soup bowls. I got them in Utah while on vacation a few years back but found similar ones on Amazon.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce) mexican stewed tomatos
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 package taco seasoning or 4 T. taco seasoning
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot. Drain the fat.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, beans and taco seasoning. Stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Top with cheese and eat with tortilla chips. I like to add a dollop of sour cream to my bowl :)