This is a quick dinner that tastes like lasagna but is half the work. Bow-tie pasta, meat and a creamy spaghetti sauce with sour cream & melted cheese making this a flavorful dish.
This is one of those dinners that my kids just can’t get enough of. I love it when that happens. My son told me this was is favorite dinner ever. Easy to please, I sure love that kid. I like this so much better than spaghetti and not only because it’s delicious but it’s not as messy for kids to eat. They can use a spoon. Yes, please! You add a little sour cream (my husband isn’t usually a fan but he loves it in this dish) and cheese to the sauce making it super creamy. Another thing I love about this dinner is I only have to wash 2 pots. Almost a one dish meal ;). Add a little salad on the side and some garlic toast and you are set. Quick & easy and everyone will love it.
- ½ pound ground beef or turkey
- 3 cups bow tie pasta (1/2 a box)
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
- ¼ cup sour cream
- fresh parmesan, optional
- Brown the ground beef. White that is cooking, cook the bow-tie pasta according to package directions. Drain and then drizzle the noodles with the olive oil.
- Drain the oil from the beef (if there is some) then add to the cooked noodles. Pour in the jar of spaghetti sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, mozzarella & sour cream. Stir till combined.
- Gently stir over low heat until all the cheese is melted, top with parmesan & serve!
Recipe Source: slightly adapted from Pioneer Woman / Tasty Kitchen Blog