This recipe is the first recipe I ever looked up “online” haha (makes me feel so old). I was about 16 and had promised my Sunday School class that I would bring treats to church that day. I thought I would make good ‘ole chocolate chip cookies but all we had in the kitchen were white chocolate chips. After a little searching around the web I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try. It has been in my recipe book ever since. A keeper for sure. Enjoy!
Other names I thought about calling these brownies:
White Chocolate Brownies
Can’t get enough white chewy brownies…you get the idea 🙂
Triple Vanilla Brownies
Author: Adell Goff
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 9x13" Pan
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (12ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract*
- 3 tablespoons milk or water
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray then sprinkle with flour, pouring out the excess. Or grease with butter/shortening and flour.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and white chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently, just until it's melted. (The mixture will appear slightly curdled.) Remove from the heat and cool.
- Stir in the flour, sugar vanilla, salt and eggs until well blended. Spread mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool. (The edges will be darker than the rest of the brownies. I usually trim that part off for serving.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl, mix all the glaze ingredients until nice and smooth & spreadable. You can add more milk a T. at a time if needed. Spread glaze over cooled brownies.
*This is optional but I highly recommend it! You can half the glaze ingredients if you like a thin glaze. I have made it both ways. To get the glaze to set up, you can put in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Leave a Reply